“Dedicated to studying at Göttingen” is the concept behind the contest being
promoted by the university for students to actively help shape study
With the theme “Diversity? – Promote Plurality!” submit your ideas on how different learning paths, different
backgrounds, different motivations and different career plans can be
incorporated into everyday studies.
The Ideas Competition is being held under the aegis of the Vice President for
Teaching and Learning, Professor Dr. Wolfgang Lücke.
Both individuals and teams can submit proposals or approaches to teaching and
learning which take as their theme how to benefit from the variety of
How can the university value student heterogeneity (individual positioning,
family and socio-cultural background, previous learning path, diverse
knowledge and experience, etc.) in teaching and learning?
This might involve for example the following areas:
– How can diversity and equal opportunities be made real and experienced in
– How can better use be made of the existing knowledge and abilities of all
– How can the content of the university degree courses and the lectures
support and encourage different students, e.g. with special courses and
topics? What practical effects would this have for teaching, for instance, in
the context of heterogeneous student backgrounds?
– How could advice and support and other services be arranged more
or be improved (especially regarding content)?
– What other equipment and infrastructure options should be offered? How
could they be designed?
Further information and the rules for the Ideas Competition can be found at